Policies and Procedures
Hours of Operation:
Yacht Charters in Miami, Inc. corporate office is open Monday – Sunday 9AM – 11PM EST
We may close for government observed holidays
This Policies and Procedures applies to the following:
Corporate Mailing Address: 2405 Arch Creek Drive, North Miami, FL 33181
Yacht Locations: All yachts are privately owned and are located throughout North Miami Beach, North Miami, Miami Beach and Miami and Fort Lauderdale areas, either in a marina or behind a private residence.
Miami: Intracoastal Mall dock, Williams Island Marina, Haulover Beach Marina, Sunset Harbour Dock, Bayside Miamarina, or Miami Beach Marina. See the marina map for further details.
Fort Lauderdale: Bahia Mar and Pier 66. Depending on the vessel, there may be a delivery and dock landing fee for embarkation and disembarkation for travel from vessel home dock to requested marina.
Number of Passengers:
As per the US Coast Guard regulations, all privately owned yachts for charter in the United States are limited to a maximum capacity of 12 passengers plus crew. The regulation issued in 1993 is named the Passenger Vessel Safety Act of 1993. We cannot accept more than 12 passengers onboard, no matter the size of the vessel or the age of the passenger. In other words, all human beings count toward the 12 passenger limitation.
Each owner has the right to limit certain activities onboard their vessel.
- If a yacht is going to be used in a commercial video, the nature of the video must be disclosed prior to contract, allowing the owner to approve of their vessel being used in the video.
- Use of beds is limited to overnight guests only. Sheets are not on the beds for day charters. If beds are used on day charters, there will be a $500 cleaning and sanitation fee.
- Smoking is not permitted on all vessels. If allowed, smoking will be limited to the cockpit only.
- Red wine is not allowed on most vessels.
- Grilling onboard vessels equipped with grills is limited to guests chartering for 8 hours or more and term charters.
Once you have scheduled a date and payment has been made for your booking reservation, no refunds will be given. You may reschedule your booking for a $500 fee if you reschedule within 24 hours of your scheduled charter time. There is no fee to reschedule with more than 24 hours notice. All reschedule notifications must be in writing either via text or email. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule, prior to your booked charter, will result in the loss of the value of your experience and your charter fee will be forfeited. No refunds or extra time will be authorized for late arrivals or no shows. In the event your experience is canceled due to a named storm as per the National Hurricane Center you may reschedule your experience. All sales are final; no substitutions and no refunds. At the sole discretion of the charter captain, if your charter is cancelled due to a named storm, then you will receive a full refund of all monies paid.
Weather Related Cancellation Policy:
Miami is located in a tropical environment and it is not uncommon to experience rain showers. The contract cannot be cancelled due to weather conditions unless of a named storm as outlined above. Most of our vessels have XM Weather capabilities; if safe, the vessel can navigate around many rain cells.
Illegal Substances and Illegal Activities:
- If the Charterer is involved in any illegal form of smuggling or illegal drugs or contraband, all monies paid will be forfeited and the charter will end abruptly.
- All guests will be required to disembark from vessel at nearest dock.
- Captain will radio the US Coast Guard, FWC Law Enforcement, and/or local police to notify of illegal drugs onboard.
- The Charterer assumes all responsibility for any injury, death or property that may be the fault of, or occasioned by the negligence of the Charterer, his guests or servants.
- The Charterer hereby assumes complete possession and operational control of the vessel and assumes the rights and liabilities of ownership for the vessel during the charter period.
- All yacht Crew are employed by the Charterer and must be named on Owner’s Insurance Policy.
- The Owner and insurance underwriters of the yacht accept no responsibility or liability for accidents, injuries or death due to swimming, snorkeling, or any other water sports equipment including, but not limited to, kayaks, wave runners (jet skis), tubes or knee boards – whether or not it is supplied by the Owner, Broker, Agent, or Charterer.
- Charterer agrees to limit the total number of passengers on board the vessel to the maximum number of TWELVE as per the USCG regulations.
- Charterer assumes full responsibility for any possessions brought onboard, whether owned, borrowed, leased or rented; knowingly or unknowingly. Furthermore, Charterer assumes full responsibility to assure that all possessions are taken off of the vessel at disembarkation. The Owner and/or Agent assumes no responsibility for any possessions brought on the vessel or left onboard by the Charterer or Charterer’s Guests.
- The Charterer further agrees to indemnify and save the Owner and/or Agent harmless from any and all liabilities for loss, damage, accident, or injury to himself or third persons, occasioned by the negligence of the Charterer or those employed by charterer.
- 2-4 hour charters: 15%
- 5-6 hour charters: 18%
- 7-8 hour charters: 20%
- Overnight/Term charters: 20%
- In the event of damage related to abuse or mistreatment of vessel, damage expenses may be billed to the Charterer’s credit/charge card when applicable.
- If the vessel owner permits smoking onboard, smoking is only permitted in the vessel cockpit. There will be no smoking below decks.
Jet Skis or Waverunners:
- Anyone born on or after January 1, 1988 who operates a vessel powered by 10 horsepower or more must pass an approved boater safety course and have in his/her possession photographic identification and a boating safety education identification card issued by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.
- Each person operating, riding on, or being towed behind a personal watercraft must wear an approved non-inflatable Type I, II, III, or V personal flotation device (PFD).
Inflatable PFDs are prohibited for personal watercraft use.
- Maneuvering a personal watercraft by weaving through congested vessel traffic, jumping the wake of another vessel unreasonably close or when visibility around the vessel is obstructed, or swerving at the last possible moment to avoid collision is classified as reckless operation of a vessel (a first-degree misdemeanor).
- A person must be at least 14 years of age to operate a personal watercraft in Florida.
- A person must be at least 18 years of age to rent a personal watercraft in Florida.
- It is unlawful for a person to knowingly allow a person under 14 years of age to operate a personal watercraft (a second-degree misdemeanor).
- FWC Boating Education Requirements FAQ’s
- A jet ski or waverunner provided with a yacht charter is provided complimentary. In the event a jet ski breaks down, the crew will do their best to repair the ski on the water. If the ski cannot be repaired, no discount or refund will be authorized. Unfortunately, all things break down for all kinds of reasons.
- If the jet ski is misused or abused by charterer or charterer’s guests during the charter, either by disobeying the rules of operation, or flooding the ski with salt water, or “turtling” the ski, the charterer will be responsible for any repairs needed to the ski. The charterer authorizes the charge for the repairs to their credit card.
Terms of Reservation and Payment:
Payment is due at the time of contract to reserve. We do not offer courtesy holds. No vessel will be taken off of the market until we have payment and signed contract – no exceptions.
If your charter date is more than 30 days out:
A 30% deposit is required to reserve with the final balance due 30 days prior to your charter date. Once the deposit is received and the signed contract, then the vessel is reserved.
If the remaining balance is not paid on the due date on the contract, then the deposit will be forfeited and the vessel will be put back on the market and the reservation will be cancelled.
If your charter date is less than 30 days out:
100% of the contract charter rate is due and payable at the time of signed contract. The vessel is not reserved until full payment and signed contract are received.
Forms of acceptable payment:
- Most major credit cards and debit cards are accepted – 4% processing fee – No Amex – sorry!
- Domestic Wire transfers – No charge
- International Wire transfers – $25 USD fee
- Cash deposits in US funds at any Bank of America
- Checks and Money Orders are not accepted
- 7% Sales Tax is mandatory – even for cash payments
- Crew Gratuity of 15-20% is customary (see above)
Prices and Fees:
Prices subject to change without notice. Periodically, we offer online special pricing, these prices are offered for a limited time and are not available for any US holidays. Once a charter is paid and reserved, the price cannot be changed. We reserve the right to change prices and availability based upon the owners requests.
If you have questions or comments regarding Yacht Charters in Miami, Inc.’s services, please email us at yachtchartersinmiami AT gmail.com or call (305) 490-0049.